Cultivate a dynamic community where people can make meaningful contributions and lead fulfilling lives.
- People with developmental disabilities have talents and skills that if recognized and developed, will allow them to be contributing members of a community.
- Programs which best assist individuals with developmental disabilities in securing a full life, are independence producing (economically and personally); placed or implemented in the actual locations and environments where community and life activities regularly occur; accepting of personal choice and the natural consequences of those choices.
- Individuals who assist those with developmental disabilities to reach their fullest potential, are those who: hold reasonably high expectations for them; plan programming in ways that demonstrate a recognition of individuality, freedom of choice, and right to self-determination; maintain knowledge of best practices of the profession; evaluate their efforts regularly to assure program focus and direction.
We will support individuals with developmental disabilities throughout their lives by:
- Embracing individuality and personal choice
- Developing community opportunities
- Fostering relationships
As staff we will:
- Ensure that health and well-being come first.
- Be good stewards of the public’s trust and money.
- Do our job to the best of our ability and value those who do it differently.
- Imagine new possibilities and strive to be better.
- Own our actions and behave ethically.
- Promote our valuable mission with others throughout the county.