- Help individuals work and socialize in their community
- Provide life skills and social experiences that develop abilities and enrich their day.
- Are personalized to help each individual plan for their future
- Encourage a variety of activities that enhance the individual’s social development and performance of daily community living.
- Provide learning and pre-vocational services, including volunteer work, where the individual develops general skills that lead to competitive integrated employment.
- Offer paid employment and work experiences outside of WI, leading to further career development and competitive integrated employment.
- Help individuals learn to make choices and decisions based on their own preferences and interests as well as monitor and regulate their own actions.
- Help individuals learn how to get information so that they can understand things that are of interest to them, find out who will support them in their journey, know their rights and responsibilities, problem solve, and reach out to others when they need help.
(Morrow County Board of Developmental Disabilities)